Monday, July 27, 2009

41 weeks

Ok, last week of posting while pregnant! We won't be making a "42 week" post because we were told Clara will be here by the end of this week, regardless if she wants to be or not. Technically it's Monday as I'm writing this which makes me 9 days past my due date. Tomorrow we are going to get an ultrasound to check the amniotic fluid. If everything looks fine then they will do another application of the Prepidil (the gel placed in the cervix) and give us one or two more days to see if labor starts on its own. If for some reason the fluid looks too low they will probably admit me to be induced right away, or in the morning at the latest.

This week has been filled with ups and downs as each day passes. Jason and I really wanted a labor and delivery that had very few, if no interventions. But as each day goes by it becomes more and more of a reality that it might not go that way. The scripture that is totally relevant to us right now is Proverbs 16:9 "We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps." It's very humbling to have to lay down your plans, which is what we have had to do. I have definitely struggled with it off and on. I just got off the phone with the lady who taught our birth class and she said something that really put things in perspective for me. She reminded me that being a parent is all about sacrifice. And that sacrifice a lot of times begins with giving birth to your child. I really liked hearing that because I need to be reminded that this isn't about me and what I want, but what is best for Clara. Plus, once she is here and we can't take our eyes off her we wont care HOW she got here! So I guess this is just the beginning of being a parent. Look, I'm already learning! :)

We will put an update on here tomorrow once we get home to let everyone know how everything went. Only a few more days and baby Clara will be in our arms!

Oh ya, I also turned 26 this past week. Now I'm closer to 30 than I am 20!

41 weeks


Whoa!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment