Sunday, July 19, 2009

40 weeks!

Yes, I'm still pregnant. No, I'm not miserable. And no, we're not planning on being induced (yet). If I had a dollar for every time I've been asked these questions over the past week I think I'd be rich. :) I will say this time has definitely been a time for testing our patience. Me being tested with people asking me over and over "where is she?" along with getting all kinds of "advice" to make her come (like we really have control over that. Ha!) while Jason is fighting to not go crazy STILL waiting for her. I have quickly learned to simply smile and respond "she'll come when she's ready." (Although I was a little more blunt with my mom. hehe. love you mom!) I told Jason tonight that I vow to NEVER ask these questions to a pregnant person to preserve their sanity!!! HAHA. We have had a pretty good attitude about it though, but I won't say we haven't made fun of some people and their comments/questions. :)

Jason and I had a really good talk tonight reflecting on the past year. It has been so amazing to see where we were exactly a year ago from now. How God brought us through 2 miscarriages and blessed us with this unbelievably awesome pregnancy. How could we ever complain and be impatient after all He has done!? I've been really having to remind Jason to savor these last days because it will literally be at least 20 years until it's just us again! It's so crazy to think about that.

As far as the plans for this next week, if anyone is wondering, we have our next appointment this Wednesday. As long as Clara is thriving and happy in her little womb (which she seems to be) there is no reason to get her out just yet. We are hoping and praying she will come on her own, but if for some reason she doesn't, we will have to have some help. They typically don't let you go 2 weeks past your due date so we will find out any sort of "plan" for that this week. Please keep us 3 in your prayers regarding this and that we will trust and be at peace with whatever God has planned.

This past week Christy, Amber and I went to see Phantom of the Opera on Broadway. It was amazing!!! Other than that, Jason and I have just been a boring married couple hanging around the house relaxing (or in Jason's case, working around the house). I know I'm trying to soak up all the freedom I have! That's the one piece of advice I don't mind taking :)

Here is my 40 weeks picture even though it looks the same to me. My tummy hasn't grown in size in about 3 weeks or so, which is nice. The second picture we just had to put up. Last night Jason told me he was going to vacuum. I told him we needed to brush Dakota out before he did since she has been shedding so much. I left the house for a bit and when I came back they had this surprise for me. This is all of Dakota's hair from one brushing thanks to this AMAZING brush called the "FURminator" (not joking, that's really what it's called). We thought it was hilarious.

40 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment