Sunday, July 5, 2009

38 weeks

My appointment this past week went great, everything was measuring right on track. My friend Amber went with me and then took me to get a pedicure. What a good friend! :)
Another thing I forgot to mention is that I got an early birthday present from Jason, a new camcorder! It's really cool because it stores everything on a disk so you just upload it to your computer like a digital camera. Now we will be able to make Clara DVD's for everyone! Woo Hoo!

Jason and I are really getting excited. Not that we weren't before, but I guess since it literally could be anytime we are just waiting in anticipation. Jason especially is verbalizing his excitement. Yesterday when he told me he can't wait to play with her (which he tells me a lot) I asked him what he was going to "play." He said things like "play barbershop and tea party." It was so cute cause he was so serious! HAHA. I told him he's gonna be an amazing dad.

I feel I have especially grown in my faith during the past few weeks. The birth classes we are taking have really taught us to just trust God with the whole labor and delivery thing. I feel like the Lord has really replaced my fear and anxiety with joy and excitement. Don't get me wrong, I know it's gonna be a lot of pain and hard work, but I just feel like I have completely surrendered my fear, which is what I wanted more than anything. I think it really hit me this week when I started having discouraging thoughts that maybe I wont deliver "on time" and have to be induced (which is one of my bigger fears). But then I realized that God knows and has planned the exact day and hour He'll bring Clara into the world, even if that means being induced at 42 weeks! I know whatever plan He has is the best and is better than anything I could come up with. In the end, all that matters is that she gets here healthy and that He is glorified! I am sooooooooo excited to hold our little girl.

38 weeks


1 comment:

  1. Hi Auntie Traci - I can't wait to see Clara. Your hair looks pretty. It looks like Mommy's. Love, Misha

    ReplyDelete