Sunday, June 7, 2009

34 weeks and end of school

I'm excited and ready to say that I officially ended my career in teaching this past week! Although I look back at the past 3 years as an awesome and enjoyable experience, I felt so ready to be done. This year was by far my best year though. Oddly enough, I was afraid it was going to be my worst because I had mostly boys in all my classes. But they proved me wrong because they ended up being my favorite group of students. And although I love them, I definitely will not miss all the teenage drama, hormonal outbursts and TAKS testing that comes with teaching high school. :)

On Tuesday some of my work friends were really sweet threw a small shower for me at school. And then on the last day we received a whole box full of gifts from all the volleyball girls and coaches. We have definitely been more than taken care of!

This Thursday night Jason will leave to go to Florida (with about 100 kids and 20 other leaders) for the summer youth conference. I have gone every year, but don't get to go this year for obvious reasons. It's been very bitter sweet for me because this will be my girls' last year to go. They are seniors now (and I started with them when they were freshman)! But I know God will do amazing things while they are there and that's all that matters!

34 weeks!!! Woo Hoo!



34 weeks

A girl at work made the cake


My freshman volleyball girls!


Some of "my children"


This pretty much summed up my year...all boys!


My room


And last but not least, my infamous cart. We went through a lot together. It was "my room" during my first year of teaching. I was a floater and had to push it around from room to room with all my papers, supplies and equipment for labs. I never took the decorations off from my first year. I didn't know if I wanted to hug it or break it into a million pieces this week as a farwell. I decided to keep it just the way it is for the next teacher... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment