Friday, January 21, 2011

Ready or Not

Nothing to report at this week’s appointment. Baby Ella is doing great and had a heartbeat of 130. My stomach feels completely maxed out so it’s crazy I could still have a few weeks left (although, oddly enough, I don’t really mind going late). Once again, they told me since I went two weeks late last time that it would be likely to go a little late this time as well. It’s so weird to me God already has the day planned that Ella will come into the world. And we just have to sit and wait…..

I officially closed my Etsy shop last week after receiving my 500th sale! It felt like the perfect time to close it. I have no idea when I will open it back up. Although I’m excited, the thought of taking care of two “babies” under the age of two seems a bit overwhelming and time consuming to say the least. I guess we’ll just have to see how long it takes for us all to settle into a family of 4!

Jason is currently getting ready for his message this weekend. He has officially been put on the “speaking team” for the high school ministry! I am so beyond proud of him. I never in a million years thought he would do something like this and actually enjoy it! (I don’t think he ever would have predicted this either). It is so exciting to see him passionate about growing in his walk with Christ and breaking out of his comfort zone. He is also going to an event this weekend called Acquire the Fire. It’s a huge youth conference in Houston for 2 days. He will be busy this weekend so Clara and I will have a lot of mommy/daughter time.

Clara has definitely been more “toddler-like” lately. I think she is definitely starting to explore and test being independent (aka doing what SHE wants to do). She has recently started running away from me if I tell her we need to change her diaper, go on an errand, leave a certain room in the house, give me the cell phone she found on the couch, etc. She will sometimes (okay, a lot of times) do what I call the “silent protest.” This involves her slowly laying down on the floor and just staying there. I guess this is her alternative to running away. I can definitely tell there will be challenging times ahead as she ventures into the infamous 18-36 month old stage. I have heard and read that at 18 months toddlers really start to see what they can get away with and test the limits. Oh goodness, am I ready for all this???????? I think I have to be…….




Book Babies class at the Library



Clara in her warm coat Grandma Grace gave her

The ladies in my bible study threw me a little baby shower. Very sweet...

Daddy took us girls out to Ichiban. Clara loved her first hibachi grill experience! (P.S. I was hesitant to put this picture up because I TOTALLY have a pregnant face. Clara's pose was just too cute so I had to post it).

FIRE!!!!!!!

Helping daddy in the garage

37 Weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment