Monday, January 3, 2011

The Last Month...

The past two months have been such a sweet time celebrating the holidays. Although they flew by and seemed crazy at times, I felt like we really got to enjoy ourselves as a family of three. We unfortunately didn't get to spend thanksgiving with extended family due to several things, but we did get to spend it with some close friends!

During December we got to see our Colorado family again. Clara loved hanging out with her cousins Mira, Micah and Misha. Misha was particularly good with watching Clara. This was amazing because it gave me, my aching pelvis and my back a nice break. Too bad they don't live closer so I could take advantage of them! ;) Last month, we also went to the Moody Gardens Festival of Lights with some friends. The girls rode in the wagon and loved it.

This Christmas felt extra special for some reason. Maybe since, in a way, it felt like Clara's first Christmas. Last year she really couldn't "participate" so much. This year she loved getting to open her presents and spend time seeing all her family. I don't think she really cared what was inside the beautifully wrapped presents, but more so the act of ripping something apart. We are so lucky to have all our family close by. We got to see all of them in a matter of 2 days! To top off December we visited Grandpa and Gramara in Austin. We got to see their beautiful new house and Jason and I got to go out on a date. Oooo la la...

Even though we are just days from Ella's due date I think Jason and I are in slight denial she's actually going be here soon! For me it feels like I should still have 3 months left. It's definitely surreal that we are going to have another child. And I'm not gonna lie, also a bit scary! But at the same time I'm so so excited to see what she looks like and how she will be her own little person. The midwife told me since I went so late the first time that I can expect to have her somewhere between 40 and 41 weeks. We shall see.....


Clara and Misha


One of Clara's gifts. An "activity table."


Cousins

Festival of Lights






Visiting Grandma in Lockhart


December clothing

16 Months

17 Months

30 Weeks
32 Weeks

35 Weeks


No comments:

Post a Comment