Sunday, September 20, 2009

Socialite

Clara has been quite the socialite lately. Last weekend she got to meet her 4th great-grandma (my grandma) at Poppy's house. We all had a really good time together. Also, my neighbor started a playgroup for babies that met for the first time last week. Clara is the youngest and can't really "play" yet but will be able to soon! I put up some pictures of her hanging out with some other friends throughout the week as well. I would also like to point out that we are so lucky to have a baby we can take anywhere. She has been to volleyball games, football games, church (which can be very loud in the youth session), etc. and has always been nothing but perfect! We are really trying to enjoy this now before she wants to run around everywhere!

This morning Jason ran in his first race in a while (a 5k run). His fans (Clara and I of course) must be pretty dedicated because they got up at 5:30 to cheer him on! Go Daddy!

Getting to stay home has really allowed me to spend quality time doing some bible studies on my own. I have also been able to really prepare for the study my friend Christy and I lead with our senior girls. We are going through a book called "Forgotten God" by Francis Chan. It is a follow up to his AMAZING book "Crazy Love." It's soooo good and has really challenged me. I highly recommend it! Anyway, tonight I had the girls over for our study and can't get over how much they have blessed me. Here are these 17 and 18 year old girls who drive THEMSELVES to the study (not being forced by their parents or anything) all because they want to grow in their relationship with Jesus. As time goes by it is typical for groups to diminish in size. This is mainly because students are given more freedom with driving and making more decisions on their own. But our group size has nearly doubled! That's why I'm in such awe of how the Lord is working in these girls' lives. I can't believe they are already seniors. It was just yesterday I had them as little freshman. :'( Ok, well, get ready for a lot of pictures!

Great Grandma Betty meeting Clara for the first time

Great Grandma and Poppy

My dad and his brother (uncle glen). They wore the exact same shirt and not on purpose. Glen wasn't very happy and told my dad to change. :)

Playgroup (yes, all girls)!

Clara with the next youngest baby in the playgroup, Lydia

Clara and our neighbor Maddison
Hanging out at Robin and Lee's house. Preslee (Robin and Lee's little girl) liked to pretend Clara was one of her dolls.
Jessica?!?! Madilyn wants to eat for the 14th time, where are you? HAHAHA.


Clara and little Madilyn
Ok, this makes me want to cry. This is Clara at about 1 week old...

...and this is her at 7 weeks old in the same outfit. Look at that
little chub.

Smiling more and more. Look at those dimples!

The past few days she's really been starting to find her hands. These are definitely the 2 fingers she likes most. :)

I thought this was hilarious. The other day when I was changing Clara's diaper I looked over to see Dakota in her play gym. These are the things that amuse me throughout the day. HAHA. (She looks mean in this picture for some reason).


Gooooooo Daddy!!!!!!


Our girls!

Our church is trying to promote serving in a ministry on Sunday mornings so they made posters of a few volunteers in the church. Somehow I got asked to be on one of them. I feel famous! I always laugh at the fact it says fulltime "homemaker." That's quite comical to me. HAHA

Clara's preferred sleeping position. Ok, putting up all these pictures has taken forever. Good night...

No comments:

Post a Comment