Friday, February 27, 2009

Our daughter...

Yes, we have decided on a name! We are so excited to announce that we will call our daughter Clara Grace! I'll share a little bit about how we came up with it.

About two and a half years ago I was visiting my great-grandmother in Ohio. For some reason during the visit I realized that her first name was Clara (I'd always called her by her last name). I had never heard that name before and thought it was really pretty. When I got home from Ohio I told Jason about it and he thought it was really pretty too. Since then we have always kept the name in the back of our minds. We just love it because of how classy and beautiful it sounds. And the fact that it was Grandma Ham's name is a special bonus for me.

Now for the middle name. First of all, we just think it's a beautiful name. So Jason's family must have good taste because there are two Graces in his family! :) Grandma Grace and Cousin Grace. But we love it most of all because of what the word "Grace" means. It means the freely given, unmerited favor and love of God. I am always overwhelmed when I realize that God did not save me because I am good or nice or deserve it. He saved me because of what Jesus did on the cross for me. It will never depend on how good or bad I am, or how many times I attend church. I'm saved through my faith in Him, by Grace. If Jason and I could some up our lives in one word it would be this one.

This week also marks another milestone. We are at the halfway mark at 20 weeks! (Or a little more than halfway if Clara comes a little early). It is so crazy how fast it's gone by! Before we know it she will be here!



20 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment