Saturday, February 5, 2011

Dear Ella

Dear Ella,

Today is our due date (although the Dr's due date isn't until the 8th). Thank you for not coming during the hours when roads were icy and/or closed, I heard they were pretty bad. Your dad suggested several times we could just go to a different hospital if needed, but I was not going to have that. HAHA. Also, thank you for taking your time to make your appearance. I have definitely needed this time to mentally prepare myself. I am just so excited to meet you, my sweet daughter, and see what you look like! The most we’ve got left is about 2 weeks, whether you and I are ready or not! I love you very much and will see you soon…

Love, Mommy (and Daddy)

Here is a little update from my appointment on Wednesday:

I got checked for the first time and she said I was a "loose one" cm dilated. In other words maybe, 1.25 cm? haha. (in case you don’t remember I was a zero with Clara up until the day I had her. So this is definite improvement from last time!). She also said my cervix is really soft (which just means it's ready to go). Last week I had Titi while this week I had Theodorah. She even commented on how low Ella is and how her head is right in my pelvis. She said all I need are some contractions and things should progress well. Theodorah said she was pretty sure there was no way I’d go 12 days over like last time. I still feel like I will go past the due they have for me (which is the 8th) but who knows…. I also asked her how much she thought Ella would weigh and she said maybe around 7 lb 8 oz.

My friend Jessica, who has the same due date as me, just stopped by our house on their way to the hospital to have her baby! Her water broke tonight so her little boy Noah, Ella’s future friend-boy, will be here soon. Definitely makes everything more real!


Out taking our monthly pictures


18 Months

39 Weeks


Since we have been cooped up inside I had the idea to bring Clara's playhouse in from the backyard. Best idea ever!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment